We are pleased to announce the call for submissions for Volume 11.2 of Infusion. The submission deadline is Monday, April 16th, 11:59pm. All submissions should be sent to email@example.com.
What exactly do you accept?
Infusion accepts all forms of written work such as non-fiction, essays, short fiction, poetry, research pieces, and cross-genre writing. Infusion also accepts visual media including, but not limited to, photographs (with a cap at 25 photos/person), artwork, comics, and portraits.
Examples of past published pieces:
Slice of Life: http://infusion.fulbright.or.kr/after-school/
Short Fiction: http://infusion.fulbright.or.kr/mandarin-a-short-story/
Portrait (+Artwork): http://infusion.fulbright.or.kr/upon-first-meeting-you/
Don’t think your style is right for us?
Infusion reflects us. While we want continuity and cohesion between this years’ volume and prior issues, it’s constantly evolving just like our community is. We’re interested in further exploring types of media less represented in the past, especially on our website. For example: academic work, journalism projects, podcasts, videos — you name it! Please hit us up (at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org) if that sparks an idea.
The publishing process
Submissions will go through a blind selection and review process (your identity is not tied to your piece — names and other identifying information will be removed before review) and notifications about the status of your piece will come out one week after submissions are due. Our editorial staff will then work with selected pieces and authors throughout December and January. The goal of this process is to fully flesh out ideas and help hone the writing style in a way that stays authentic to the piece but remains accessible to our audience.
- All written submissions should be sent as a Word document attachment to email@example.com. No PDFs!
- There is no limit to the number of written pieces you can submit for consideration.
- Our soft word count limit is 2000 words.
- Your work should be geared toward a general audience (avoid too much jargon) and should be of professional quality.
- Please limit photo submissions to 25 photos per person.
- If your photos are selected for print or web publication and include identifiable students or minors, you will be asked to provide a consent form.
- Do not share written submissions or photos through Google Drive.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me, the Editor-in-Chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org.